Our Student Ministry, which is open to seventh to twelfth graders, shares the same purpose and values as our broader church family. Specifically, we exist “to reflect God’s infinite worth through Christ, for the glory of his name and the good of all peoples.” And likewise, we value the gospel, community, and mission.
Understandably, then, this purpose and these values shape our goals for the Student Ministry, which are summarized in the following statement: Working alongside parents, who are the primary disciplers of their children, we want the students in our care to:
- Turn from their sin and run to Jesus as their Savior and King
- Grow in their relationship with the triune God
- Love and invest in the local body of believers who make up Bethel Baptist Church
- Proclaim the gospel to those who don’t know Jesus
We recognize that we don’t have the capability to accomplish these goals in our own strength. But God does! Therefore, we want to work toward them, all the while praying that God would graciously make them a reality. And we’ll do this through four primary means:
Our Student Ministry is committed to partnering with parents in the discipleship of their children, and we aim to do so by spending time together and through regular communication about the student ministry.
We also value gospel community within our Student Ministry, so we’re intentional about reaching out to students on a regular basis and providing opportunities for our students to grow together.
We meet on Sundays from 9-10:15am to work through a curriculum called The Gospel Project. TGP celebrates the gospel and teaches students to apply it to their lives, is integrated across all ages (meaning kids through senior adults can study the same passage each week on different age levels), and provides great opportunities for parents to talk further with their students about the material at home. To learn more about the curriculum, watch the short video below.
Each week, the Student Ministry meets together in intentional ways that help us reflect our values and accomplish our goals. Our typical schedule is as follows:*
- First and Third Wednesday (6:30-8pm): we meet for Bible study and small group discussion.
- Second and Fourth Wednesday (6:30-8pm): we serve together at Urban Promise, a local organization whose mission is to equip children and young adults through Christ with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, personal growth and servant leadership.
- Fifth Wednesday (6:30-8pm): on months that have five Wednesdays, we meet on the fifth Wednesday for games or student-led worship.
*Our schedule changes significantly during the summer months. For more information, please contact our church office.