The overall purpose of the Missions Ministry Team is to nurture a "Great Commission" focus throughout the church by:
- Embracing our calling as "sent ones" and witnesses.
- Proclaiming the "good news" about forgiveness of sins.
- Prioritizing evangelism and discipleship.
- Balancing a global and local perspective.
We do this by:
Promoting awareness and communication:
- Missions emphasis Sunday is a service that occurs in each month that has a 5th Sunday and typically includes updates from various outreach ministries, interaction with missionaries, and prayer.
- Covered dish Wednesday is a fellowship that occurs once per month and typically includes a "pot-luck" supper, a report from a missionary or local outreach ministry leader, and a time of prayer for their ministry.
Shepherding and supporting:
- Missionaries serving around the globe.
- Ministries reaching out into our local community.
Training and mobilizing Short Term Teams:
- To see participants grow in and become more excited about our personal relationship with God: as we learn more about Who He is, about His power, and about what He is doing here locally and around the world; as we see His holiness more clearly, which exposes our own sin and our daily need for the gospel and for repentance; as we witness His provision through the prayer and financial support of others; as we study and memorize His Word; and as we serve Him by serving others.
- To become a missions-minded people with a burden for reaching the lost - both near and far - with the gospel.
- To provide participants with the unique privilege of overseas missions - providing the opportunity to support national believers and pastors and current full-time missionaries, to learn about another culture, to build cross-cultural relationships, to share our faith in that other culture, and to experience first-hand the joys and struggles of service to God in a different culture.
- To stimulate Body Life through living and working together in difficult situations, studying God's Word together so that we may understand it and apply it to our lives, submitting to each other in the fear of the Lord, consistently holding one another accountable, confessing our sin and seeking forgiveness as needed, and encouraging one another as we walk with God daily.