FRIDAY, March 27, 2020
Dear Bethel Family,
I wanted to share some ministry updates to help keep everyone in the loop. Take 10 minutes to watch the video below. Here’s a summary of what’s covered:
* Reminder from Romans 8 – we are SECURE!!!
* Sundays – livestream & worship team
* Community Groups update (including if you’re not yet in one)
* Directory for the sake of prayer and staying connected
* Adult Discipleship curriculum (Sun 9am classes) – last semester wrap up & plan for Apr-Jun
* “Tough Questions” livestream starting next Wed at 7:30pm
* Care team update
* Deacon fund use
* Good Friday “One 4 Wilmington” update
* Video call counseling
Yours in Christ,
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Per the state and national guidelines, our cancellation of Sunday 9am classes will be in place for at least 8 weeks. Parents, take advantage of The Gospel Project material Pastor Tyler sent out today that you can use at home with your children.
- We will not host an on-site Sunday morning service for at least the next 8 weeks. We plan to live stream the full service this Sunday beginning at 10:30am.
- Given the national guidelines regarding meetings of more than 10 people, and out of loving concern for those at higher risk, we’ve decided to cancel all in person smaller group meetings until further notice. This applies to prayer meeting, women’s Bible study, men’s Bible study, and Community Groups. We are working to move some of these groups to online formats.
- Speaking of online formats . . . For prayer meeting (Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm), we are going to try using Google Hangouts Meet. If you need information about how to join that group, email the church office.
- For state-related information, go HERE to hear from our governor, and HERE for information from the Division of Public Health.
- For national info from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), go HERE
- For the World Health Organization (WHO), go HERE
friday, MARCH 13, 2020
In consideration of the public health concerns related to COVID-19, we will NOT be hosting an on-site service this Sunday, March 15. We are also canceling our 9am classes for the remainder of the month of March.
Please take 10 minutes to watch the video below, where Pastor Chris explains our reasons and motivation for these changes. In the video, he explains the following:
- We should seek to operate from FAITH and not from FEAR.
- We are NOT going to “neglect to meet together” (Hebrews 10:25), but we are going to change HOW and WHERE we meet.
- We will offer a recording this coming Sunday for the next passage in our study through the Sermon on the Mount – Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18. Look for that by early Sunday afternoon.
- We will continue our smaller group gatherings, such as Prayer Meeting (Wednesday evenings – 6:30-7:30pm), Women’s Bible Study (Thursday evenings – 7-8:30pm), Men’s Bible Study (Friday mornings – 6:10-7am), etc.
- We are exploring live stream options for next Sunday, March 22, and beyond, and we will provide more information next week.
- We will also provide additional guidelines and encouragement next week for our Community Group gatherings.
- We are making all of these changes not out of fear and not out of selfish protectionism, but out of LOVE. We care about the most vulnerable members of our church family and our broader community.
- We should view this moment as an OPPORTUNITY. In times past, the Church has brightly shined in dark times of plague. So, let’s pray! And let’s pray not only for personal safety and the safety of our family, but also that we will walk forward in fearless love so that others will see our good works and glorify our Father in heaven!