- Check out sermons, Pastor Chris’ “Tough Questions” series, or view “Bethel Kids Story Time” videos, where Bethel Kids volunteers read stories from the “Tales that Tell the Truth” series by The Good Book Company.
- Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation (CCEF) Coronavirus Coverage – Articles on anxiety, family, loneliness, illness, a Words of Hope series plus a Q&A.
- The Gospel Coalition COVID-19 Coverage – Articles, sermons, music, tips and more.
- “20 Prayers to Pray During This Pandemic” by Jen Pollock Michel
Free and Discounted Resources
- Crossway – Free ebooks, verse cards, articles, podcasts, reading plans and devotionals.
- Tim Challies’ Blog: “All the Free and Discounted Stuff for these Difficult Times” – Lots for growing in the Word here.
- RedeemTV – Movies, documentaries, and more. Free but requires registration.
- Coronavirus and Christ by John Piper – From desiringgod.org: “In Coronavirus and Christ, John Piper invites readers around the world to stand on the solid Rock, who is Jesus Christ, in whom our souls can be sustained by the sovereign God who ordains, governs, and reigns over all things to accomplish his wise and good purposes for those who trust in him. Piper offers six biblical answers to the question, What is God doing through the coronavirus?—reminding us that God is at work in this moment in history.”
- Christianity Explored
- Christianity Explored Course Films – All course films are on free on YouTube for a limited time.
- Christianity Explored Tough Questions – Free ebook and video series.
FAMILIES AND KIDS
- “How to Pray for Your Kids This Summer” by Sam Crabtree
- The Big Picture Podcast (listen on Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts) – From Crossway: “No child is too young to begin learning about the greatest love story of all—God’s love for his people, as portrayed in the Bible. Over the course of 26 episodes (each 3–5 minutes in length), listen to this grand story as a family with a new podcast adapted from The Big Picture Bible Story Bible by David R. Helm. Rather than simply retelling the most familiar short scenes from the Bible, this book presents the “big picture”—the unified story running through the Old and New Testaments. Listen together, learn the Bible’s overarching story, and appreciate the fulfillment of God’s promise to his people.”
- Arlo and the Great Big Cover-Up by Betsy Childs Howard (click HERE to watch a video reading of the book) – From The Gospel Coalition store: “With easy-to-understand language and engaging images, this book shows children ages 3-7 the freedom that comes through confessing sin rather than trying to cover it up. During naptime, Arlo colors on his bedroom wall and then tries desperately to hide his disobedience from his mother. His efforts fail, but he discovers relief that comes when he finally confesses his sin. In the end, children will learn along with Arlo that although we cannot hide sin from God, confession opens the door to mercy and reconciliation.”